Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texas Hold Em No Sound

Since installing the latest update for Texas Hold Em i've been getting no sound on the game. I've checked all my settings and i've tried deleting the app from my phone and resyncing through iTunes but I've had no luck. I'm running 2.1 on a 3G iphone. Any similar experiences/ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated as I like the soundon that game.

12" iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Sep 20, 2008 4:54 PM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2008 2:23 PM in response to bobdollop

I'm in the same boat with HoldEm Poker. The volume control only controls Ringer volume when in-game instead of game volume as it did prior to the update. I also deleted the app from iPhone & iTunes, redownloaded, and reinstalled with the same results.

Sound returns, but is still not controllable, if I receive a text message while in-game. Quite annoying.

Haven't gone to the point of restoring the phone, but I'm getting tempted...

Oct 15, 2008 1:34 PM in response to GreenEagle

Finally! Glad to find someone having the same issue. Ok, so here is what I know. I have spent a LOT of time on the phone with Apple, and bottom line is every rep blames my phone. I keep telling them everything was fine until the one and only update. Prior to the update, the side volume buttons controlled the game volume. Now they control the ringer volume. In addition, sounds in the game are very inconsistent. Chip sounds are not always the same among other things. The effects volume inside the game will only go up as far as the "application volume" is set at. By that I mean there is another volume control in the iPhone that you can't control in the game. The 3 different types of volume I'm aware of in the phone itself would be ringer, speaker, and ear piece. The side buttons control the ringer in standby mode, and control speaker and ear piece only while the corresponding one is being used. In other apps, the side buttons still control that apps volume. And I stand my ground that by controlling the volume another app, it is controlling either the speaker or ear piece volume (my guess is speaker) across the board. Meaning I have gotten around the Holdem sound issue by going into other application first to make sure the volume is up all the way. Then I can go into Holdem and have the volume at the same level. If I go into another app and trun the volume down to 50%, and then go into Holdem, my max volume in Holdem will still be the same 50% level set from the previous app, even though it shows the volume is all the way up in Holdem. I have tried explaining that to several iPhone Level 2 retards, and can't get through to anyone! They all say to reset everything, buy a new computer, because it CAN'T be the application. Incidentally, these Level 2 techs aren't even aware that Apple created this application. They kept making reference to a third party app and they have no way to duplicate the problem on their test phones. I kept telling them it was THEIR app and they should be supporting it. But I digress......

Texas Hold Em No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.