Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

capturing problems!

hello,

I use FCP 5 on my dual 1.8GHZ G4, recently I upgraded to FCP 5.0.4 and I got problems capturing so I don't know if it has any impact but when I capture video after 20 minutes I got a message error and I click ESC and no video is in the bin. I checked the capture scratch folder and the video is there but impossible to open it! so I trash it and try again. by luck I may have a ten minutes part of the video but the whole is inexitent!

any help?! I tried in the preference ticking off boxes but nothing seems to change.

thanks

Imac DVSE G3 400Mhz , Powerbook 150, Wallstreet powerbook 233Mhz, G4 Dual 450Mhz, Mac OS 9.1.x, OS7.1,OS9.2.2,OS10.1,10.3.9 - Airport snowDual base station & Airport card

Posted on Sep 21, 2008 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2008 3:42 PM

Hi,
one thing you may want to check is if your "Capture now" system setting limit is set to 20 minutes or less.

Go to FCP main menu>Final Cut Pro>System settings>check out the setting for "*Limit Capture Now*" (right at the bottom of the window).

If it it is (I think it is by default) change the setting to the number of minutes you wish.

That might be a lead.

G.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2008 3:42 PM in response to OS 9.1 is the best!!!

Hi,
one thing you may want to check is if your "Capture now" system setting limit is set to 20 minutes or less.

Go to FCP main menu>Final Cut Pro>System settings>check out the setting for "*Limit Capture Now*" (right at the bottom of the window).

If it it is (I think it is by default) change the setting to the number of minutes you wish.

That might be a lead.

G.

capturing problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.