Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Digital Booklet when purchasing songs on ipod Touch music store?

I just noticed that if you purchase an album through the itunes store directly via the ipod you fail to get the additional digital booklet that comes if you were to have purchased the album via an imac for example. After a successful album download I synced my ipod touch with the imac and was expecting the advertised digital booklet to download to my imac.

Any ideas? ... Or is it simply a case of making sure in future that if you want advertised digital booklets to make sure you download them via the itunes store on your mac rather than on the ipod?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jon.

Intel imac 20 Inch Screen & White Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 2nd Generation ipod Touch 32gb

Posted on Sep 21, 2008 2:25 PM

5 replies

Sep 21, 2008 2:35 PM in response to Jonathan Bailey

Hi Jonathan Bailey,

You'll just have to "Check for Available Downloads" directly from the iTunes. To do so, please follow this steps:

1) Open iTunes;
2) Choose *Store > Check for available downloads* (in iTunes 7.7 choose Store > Check for purchases);
3) Enter your account name and password;
4) Click the Check button.

Hope this helps!
Francisco

Sep 21, 2008 2:51 PM in response to Jonathan Bailey

Not sure what Francisco is responding to, but you cannot download a booklet through the iTunes WiFi store (at lease currently) you must download it on your computer. The booklet will not sync to your Touch even from your computer.

Edit: I do see his point, that is how you can get the booklet after buying the album, but the booklet still won't transfer to your Touch.

Message was edited by: deggie

Sep 21, 2008 3:03 PM in response to deggie

Deggie,

Actually, the OP already knew he wouldn't be able to get the Booklet, via iPod/iPhone! I think he wanted to know how to download it using his computer!

Regards,
Francisco

Sep 21, 2008 3:13 PM in response to Jonathan Bailey

Thanks for the advice guys ... I was assuming that you could not download the booklet to the ipod, but had assumed that the booklet would automatically download to an imac when synced with the ipod. - I forgot about the 'Check for Available downloads' link which I have now tried. Unfortunately, the UK store is down at the moment and not available. I will try again soon and post the result.

Thanks again.

Jon

Missing Digital Booklet when purchasing songs on ipod Touch music store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.