Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 2.1 update. music stops playing. help!

I just upgraded my touch software to 2.1. I installed some new games and applications to use with the new upgrade. I noticed that when im listening to a playlist or any type of music for that matter, at the end of a song it just stops playing. One time, I could see the time rolling on the song but no music coming through (i know sound was active as i could hear the little tone when you start or stop an application). after i go out and in and then choose another playlist, it starts playing again for a few songs anyway and then stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

j

dell 3ghz pent., Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2008 10:31 AM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2008 3:21 PM in response to Jason Ullom

I, too, have a problem very similar to this. Occasionally on random songs, after anywhere from 1 to 15 seconds of playing, the timer will continue on as if nothing is wrong, but the music will just stop playing. The only way I solve this is by going forward 2-3 songs, then going back to the original song, and usually skipping forward ~20 seconds to try to avoid having to repeat the process.

I'm really interested to find out what the problem is, because I just bought my iPod yesterday!

ipod touch 2.1 update. music stops playing. help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.