Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod physically damaged when inserting USB

I just bought one of those new iPod nanos. I cracked it open and I went to plug the USB cable into the iPod. I made certain I was doing it the correct way up but even so I noticed it was difficult to insert the cable into the iPod. Once it was plugged in there was no response from my PC. After waiting a few minutes I unplugged the USB cable and found the problem. The connecting strip on the iPod had two small cracks and the USB cable was similarly damaged.

There must have been a problem with the USB cable or the connecting strip for the iPod because I followed the Apple instructions to the letter. I was inserting the cable the correct way up. Sure, it was difficult to insert but I thought that was just because it was a new product and sometimes new products are a bit stiff to begin with.

Can someone tell me how I can get a replacement? I only received the iPod today for my birthday. It's brand new and should therefore be covered by warranty.

Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 23, 2008 3:49 AM

There are no replies.

iPod physically damaged when inserting USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.