You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nano arm band

I bought a arm band online cause I could not get it it he stores. Very unhappy with it.

Have to take it off my arm every time I want to to adjust the volume. The controls on the ipod at extremely sensitive and unable to work through the clear plastic covering on the arm band.

Do not recommend buying one.

Posted on Oct 3, 2005 3:09 PM

15 replies

Oct 3, 2005 4:32 PM in response to Daniel Strong

I haven't seen any scratches from the nano arm band. The nano display is outside the arm band and so there is no contact and no chance of scratching. The clickwheel does fall into the arm band and I don't see any sign of scratching here.

If you jogged on a windy beach and got sand between teh arm band and the nano, I wouldn't be surprised if you could develope a scratch.

Oct 3, 2005 6:10 PM in response to nancy shone

sounds like it is not sensitive at all.

why? the carrying case I had covered the click wheel up, same as apple tubes. I have no problem to play with click wheel at all. It is sensitive and little bit over sensitive to me.

My suggestion is treate your nano nice, try some real silicone cases, do not wast your money on plastic, rubber or cheap stuffs.

Oct 3, 2005 6:21 PM in response to dave ditmer

Dave,

If you are working out, I would get the nano arm band. I attach it to my upper forearm to make it easier to see and control (I'm getting older and putting it on my upper arm gets challenging to see the display that close to the eye)
To control cord, I run the cord through the band so its pointing up my arm toward my head, this helps keep the cord under control so it doesn't get caught in front of me by my other hand.

If not working out, I keep my nano in an iPod sock ($30 for 6 socks) The sock works very well, it holds the nano well (the nano doesn't fall out) but you can pull the nano out of the sock by pulling on the headphone cord (i.e. it doesn't take much effort to pull out the nano either).

I have ordered the nanotubes for when the lanyard headphones finally release (~ 4weeks from now according to the online Apple store). It will be interesting to see how easy the nanotubes are to remove. I can't imagine the nano is going to fit into the armband with a nanotube on?

If the nanotubes are too thick, I might invest in the invisble shield that folks are talking about. This looks like a real tough skin and should be thin enough to allow for use in the armband...

Oct 3, 2005 10:42 PM in response to nancy shone

Nancy, to adjust volume touch the circular click-wheel and run your finger around in a circle, clockwise to raise volume counter clockwise to reduce volume.

If you are getting the fast forward than you are pressing too hard on the clickwheel.

If you are getting stars, then you ar clicking on the center button and then scrolling on the wheel (It usually takes two or three center clicks to activate the star ranking feature, afterwhich you scroll up or down to select the appropriate number of stars.

Play with it until you get the pressure right.

good luck,
-Tark

nano arm band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.