Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

viewmymessage.com

Ok, I've seen a lot of the threads about not being able to receive photos via text. I don't mind having to go to www.viewmymessage.com It's a little inconvenient. However, my only problem is not being able to download those photos onto my computer or phone. Anyone know how to do this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.5), AppleTV, 80G Video iPod, 8G iPod nano, iPhone 3G

Posted on Sep 23, 2008 11:34 PM

12 replies

Sep 28, 2008 3:46 PM in response to AirForcePilot

I don't think there is a way to download it. Most of the time the pics are an inch big and hard to see anyway. I think it's more than a little inconvenient. Obviously apple is reserving this for a new release to sell more phones. Seems a little weird to withhold this little feature bc every single phone out there with a camera allows this.

Viewmymessage.com never works (i get a "failed message" error after correctly entering in the cryptic info I have to refer to about five times just to ensure it's correct) and after a week the pictures expire so i never receive them. And it's not convenient for me to tell anyone who ever sends me a pic message to resend it to my email address instead. This is already inconveient, but why not autopopulate the login/password into the viewmymessage.com home page so we can actually check it FROM THE PHONE?! Novel idea...

Oct 27, 2008 5:32 PM in response to roaminggnome

it does sound easy, doesn't it? sometimes it feels like too much of a burden to reply to every single person who sends me an MMS, "hey, my iPhone doesn't accept picture messages. can you send it to my email - yes, use the alphabet and type in my actual email address, so i can please see that silly picture you just group-sent of your cat". all i'm saying is, sure, it can be done, but a) it's a burden to people who are not gasp as savvy as all of us posting here on this forum and b) why withhold this seemingly simple technology from people who spend $400 for a phone? why is this a weird question?!

Oct 27, 2008 6:13 PM in response to vickchick

No one here has any way of knowing why Apple does what it does. Yes it would be great if iphone had MMS capability.

The fact is, it does not, and has not for over a year now. It may seem very odd that iphone does not include this very popular feature, but it is indeed the case. Iphone does not included MMS capability. If you need MMS, you need a different phone.

I think you should send feedback to Apple if you have an iphone and want this feature. But iphone never had, never said it would have, never marketed MMS, and - surprise - it has no MMS.

Apple made a phone without MMS and sells a pants load of them. This is the message that the market is sending Apple : MMS is not a deal breaker to millions of people.

Nov 19, 2008 9:59 PM in response to AirForcePilot

All - Good news: It is now possible to save (and print) the photos from viewmymessage.com. Here's how:

Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash. ( http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) Apparently AT&T uses Adobe Flash embedded in the Viewmymessage.com web page to present our downloaded pics. Upon upgrade to the latest release of Flash (10.0.12.x), both SAVE and PRINT functions for pics is made available.. you can even directly import pics to iPhoto library. This should work for Firefox and Safari just fine.

When you download the Adobe Flash installation package, ensure all web browsers (Firefox, Safari, etc.) are closed prior to installation of Flash. After the installation (or upgrade), you may relaunch your web browser immediately.. no reboot required.

-- Enjoy!

Jeff

Dec 2, 2008 3:04 PM in response to Jeff in SD

Forget about downloading them. I can only view these pictures one out of every three or four times! Most times it just resets the login screen.

I find it extremely puzzling that a) apple doesn't allow us to receive messages, b) that we are expected to have our friends who might not be as tech savvy or time-abundant to type in my email address every time they want to send an impromptu snapshot, and c) that 75% of the time viewmymessage.com doesn't work. I have seen the 1 or 2 tag (viewmymessage.com/2, etc) but I still get the same errors no matter what browser I use, on a mac or PC. Has this been addressed with at&t by apple? Because I called at&t and they have nothing to offer on the matter.

viewmymessage.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.