Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wireless Keyboard Blinking Green Light & Not Found

Hi all

I've had a wireless keyboard and mouse for the past 2 years which have given me no problems at all. Suddenly the keyboard has stopped working and when I looked for it on the bluetooth menu it said it wasn't connected. I tried to set it up with Bluetooth again but it can't be found. I replaced all the batteries and when I switch it on the green light blinks on and off for a while (which is when I tried to re-pair it with bluetooth) but then it stops blinking and stays off. Has anyone any ideas? Is the keyboard itself for the trash? The mouse continues to work fine.

thanks
WG

intel macbook 1gb ram, Mac OS X (10.5.5), ibook 1.33ghzPowerPCG4 512mb ram iMac 800MhzPower PCG4 512mb ram

Posted on Sep 25, 2008 1:25 AM

10 replies

Sep 25, 2008 9:54 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi Barry

Thanks for your response. I tried resetting the PRAM but with no luck. I already thought about reinstalling the keyboard software but the instal disk that came with the keyboard says the bluetooth firmware is for OSX 10.2.8 and of course I'm now on 10.5.5 so I was uncomfortable about the idea of doing anything with it. I tend to agree that it must be a KB issue if the mouse is OK but was just hoping that since the green light was blinking (at least for a time) that there was life in the KB.

WG

Sep 29, 2008 10:50 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I am starting to have the same problem with my Wireless BT Keyboard. Lights blink on and off. Then I am able to pair the keyboard again. But if I turn off the keyboard, it won't recognize it anymore until I pair it again. So for now it is working but the light on the back of the keyboard is not lit.

I wanted an excuse to get the new aluminum one anyway.

Nov 30, 2008 6:31 PM in response to writergirl2

Same problem here, but Barry's suggestion of deleting the KB via System Prefs>Bluetooth, then re-pairing seems to work. Glad I'm able to work around the problem, but it's very annoying. I think the quality of some of Apple's products have been declining over the past several years... maybe they're trying to do too much, and not concentrating on making every product the best it can be?

Jan 6, 2009 2:13 AM in response to writergirl2

This morning, my Keyboard went into the fast blinking light state when I inadvertently pressed the power button when it was in the middle of pairing.
Here's what worked this time:
• Took out the batteries and left them out for > half an hour.
• Deleted the pairing in the bluetooth preferences.
• Made the MacBook Pro 'invisible' -> turn 'Discoverable' off.
(Because the keyboard tried to pair with the MBP again, which I denied)
• Put the batteries back.
• 'Set up new bluetooth device -> keyboard'
• Turned on the keyboard
• Paired again.

Mar 16, 2009 7:10 PM in response to tutt96

Yes, I just experienced a very similar issue. Wireless keyboard starts blinking and doesn't connect automatically. Found this thread and reset my PRAM + re-paired, but I doubt I needed to do either one.

I discovered that the keyboard would connect if I went into system preferences and manually told it to. Really annoying to have to do when it used to do it automatically every time I turned my keyboard on, but it's easier than re-pairing.

Apple Wireless Keyboard Blinking Green Light & Not Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.