Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipod Touch and Fatman Itube Carbon No Sound

Hi

When i dock my new ipod touch with my itube carbon the sound plays through the internal speaker but not the amps speakers. Also it does not charge but i know about that problem. Does anybody have the same problem with their dock even if its a different make/model. I have phoned apple and they are useless . Thanks for your help.

PC

Posted on Sep 25, 2008 2:16 AM

13 replies

Dec 25, 2008 4:13 AM in response to sherr03

Problems when using the iPod Dock with the Dock series
When using the iPod in conjunction with the Dock series you may encounter one of the problems shown below: -
* No audio when docked in the speakers
• Certain remote functions do not work
The problem was found to be with the iPod itself rather than the docking station. In some circumstances the audio is not outputted through the iPod 30pin dock connector \ and also some remote functions do not work. Either problem can be cured by simply performing a system reset on the iPod itself (you won't lose any tunes that are stored on your iPod). To perform the reset please follow the procedure shown below: -
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Dec 25, 2008 10:52 AM in response to ArneD

I just heard a rumor that Gen2 Iphone and Itouch have a different pin layout than all other previous generations of ipods

The pin layout hasn't changed.

FireWire voltage can range from 8 to 30 volts while USB voltage is 5 volts. FireWire and USB charging use different pins.

The 2nd gen touch no longer has the ability to step down the higher voltages. I assume it simplifies (and reduces in size) the touch power circuits.

I cannot believe this stupid deccission by Apple!

Rather blame the 'lazy' manufacturers who ignored Apple's switch to USB charging a couple of years ago. They had plenty of warning about what was happening.

Dec 26, 2008 1:31 AM in response to sherr03

My 2nd generation 8GB iPod Touch has the same problem with my Fatman iTube ValveDock. I didn't expect it to charge, but I did expect it to output music through the dock rather than the internal speaker. Interestingly, the remote works just fine.

I also have an older Nano. That plays music, charges, and the remote works.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Dec 31, 2008 12:18 PM in response to sherr03

Hi all, new to MAC's and very happy until I tried to connect my new ipod touch 2G to my new vivo docking system and no sound from the external speakers only the ipod internal one. The number of people with this problem somebody must have an answer.

Come on Apple, the service you have given up to now has been fantastic don't let me down at the last fence.

Jan 26, 2009 11:14 AM in response to sherr03

Well, that was quick. The Scosche passPORT adapter arrived after 6 days (Apple store stated 7 to 8 weeks)

The good: No problem charging my Touch 2G on all docks at home including the Fatman iTube and any at work (even no pop-up warnings).

Unfortunatly the rest of signals are passed straight through, so no sound coming from the line-out of the Ipod Touch 2G
But as the adaptor raises the Ipod 1.5 inch ( 4 cm) higher it's possible to insert a 3.5 mm jackplug in the headphone output and connect that to the iTube amplifier.

I've come across and article stating the no sound on line-out has something to do with the iPod expecting a resistance of 1 K Ohm between pin 15 (ground) and pin 21 (Accessory Indicator)of the dock connector to signal the Ipod that it is connected to a dock and enable the line-out.

Whole article here

Klaas

Message was edited by: Kiakoy

Mar 29, 2009 3:28 PM in response to Kiakoy

Hi all,
Just obtained the new Fatman Carbon dock and the new touch....first I presumed one or the other was faulty but decided to do some reading and this is all I can find. I have looked at the Scooshe passport but I cannot see how you can fit a jack plug under there if you look at the pictures of it and the ipod. Can you post a picture of how you managed to overcome this? then I will buy one!.

If anyone else has any other info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening!

Apr 3, 2009 4:26 PM in response to sherr03

FYI, I don't know how much this helps, but I have an old SendStation Pocket Dock (does not have the name SendStation on it) that does NOT work with my 2G Touch. However, I have a new Pocket Dock (has the name SendStation written on it) that DOES work for line-out audio.

Don't know how much this helps, but apparently docks/connectors built to the old spec that don't have the correct resistance for the touch is the problem.

New Ipod Touch and Fatman Itube Carbon No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.