Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD TV broadcast in HD not in HD on Apple TV

Why are some TV shows that are broadcast in HD not available in Itunes in HD, for example Chuck and Fringe?

IMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Iphone 8 gig, Apple TV 160 gb software 2.1, Vista Laptop and desktop

Posted on Sep 28, 2008 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2008 4:27 PM

If you mean what I think you mean, then because the tv company hasn't released it to itunes as HD.
4 replies

Sep 28, 2008 8:03 PM in response to nightstorm

I'd be surprised to see this change mid-season as I'm sure some people who buy the SD pass now would be very upset.

That's a good point. Some of the seasons I bought previously for some shows are now available in HD (like Lost, Season 4), which is too late for me.

When they started selling music with a bitrate of 256 kbps (iTunes Plus), they offered an upgrade price for people who had previously bought the same music at 128 kbps. It might be intersting if they offered a comparable upgrade plan for going from previously purchased SD episodes to HD.

HD TV broadcast in HD not in HD on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.