Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using 'Visual EQ' adds hiss to track

I'm using a PPC G5 Mac tower (OSX 10.5.5) for GB processing, and it seems that when I use the Visual EQ on a digital audio track it adds some hiss.

My questions are:
a) Has anyone else noticed this?
b) Is this a PPC-only artifact?

I don't have an Intel Mac to try, but if it "fixes" it, I may have to get one. Right now, the results are unacceptable.

Dual 2GHz PPC / 400GB / 8GB, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2008 10:54 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2008 8:38 PM in response to Transini

Transini wrote:
I'm using a PPC G5 Mac tower (OSX 10.5.5) for GB processing, and it seems that when I use the Visual EQ on a digital audio track it adds some hiss.

My questions are:
a) Has anyone else noticed this?
b) Is this a PPC-only artifact?

I don't have an Intel Mac to try, but if it "fixes" it, I may have to get one. Right now, the results are unacceptable.

When you open the visual EQ, what is the EQ curve? Is it flat or is the curve going up on the right, increasing the volume of higher frequencies? If so, since that's where the hiss frequencies are, it could be that the EQ is working correctly, and whatever setting it's on is just EQ'ing up the hiss.

Using 'Visual EQ' adds hiss to track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.