Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased from Costco?

I am about to purchase an iPod Nano from Costco.com. Though, I am worried about one thing:

On the website it says that Costco is not an "authorized" seller so that the manufacturer warranty may not be recognized. Does this apply with Apple? Or will I still get the 1 year Apple warranty.

Also with the Apple warranty can I use it unlimited times for the year or is it an one incident kind of thing.

Posted on Oct 25, 2005 6:52 PM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2005 6:58 PM in response to michael mann

If Costco is not an authorized reseller than how are they selling the nano and where did they get them from??

if they are not an authorized reseller for Apple, then you may not get any coverage from them - I'm sure others will say not to tell anyone where you got it from, but thats an entirely ### conversation

I would check it out before buying it - better safe than sorry

Oct 25, 2005 11:51 PM in response to michael mann

Hey,

I don't know about CostCo's exchange policy, but Apple's warranty covers the iPod itself, regardless of who has it, or where they got it from. If it is broken, and still in warranty (which it is), they will fix it. Of course, this only applies if it is broken in a way that is covered by the warranty- obviously, if you drop it, it doesn't count.

-Matt

Oct 26, 2005 8:49 PM in response to michael mann

Was actually thinking of urchasing from Costco, since their return policy is terrific - if you have a receipt. But, am not sure how long return would apply - may check that out with them. Is the apple warranty recognized?? Not sure. But, have to say - bought some software from Costco whichj foulded up my computer - brought it back (yes, opened and used) and they gave me my $$ back. Can't beat that!! Before I go for the nano, may actually go to Costco and talk to them RE:warranty.

Oct 27, 2005 12:47 PM in response to michael mann

I would trust Costco as well. I have a friend who purchased a vacuum cleaner at Costco, USED IT FOR SIX MONTHS, and then returned it for a full refund because she decided it wasn't quite what she wanted. (I'm not advocating this approach, mind you, but it just goes to show what a phenomenal return policy they have.)

Purchased from Costco?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.