Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving all my pictures to a different HD

Hello All, I've been reading the user guide and haven't been able to find a real solution.

I have a MBP with an External WD 500G Hardrive. I have maybe 30 000 pictures on it and I want to move all those pictures to a new RAID 2TB Hardisk.

How can I move all my pictures without loosing all the information in my library? I don't want to have to relocate all the pictures to a different folder/hardrive. So how can I make sure I can move all my pictures without loosing all my keywords, notes etc in Aperture?

Thank you so much in advance.

Macbook Pro With Aperture 2.1.1, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2008 10:39 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2008 12:57 PM in response to Zembla

I guess you are talking about a referenced library?

If so, move all your images to the new 2TB drive. In Aperture, select all images and go to: 'File' > 'Manage Referenced Files...'. In the dialog you will see that all images are listed in red. In the lower part of the dialog, navigate to the new location of the masters and select one of them. Then select the corresponding one in the top part of the dialog.

Click the "Reconnect All" button and Aperture will reconnect each master.

On the other hand, if you are talking about a managed library, close Aperture and just copy / move your Aperture library to the new 2TB drive and double click the library in the new location. This will start Aperture with the new library as the default library.

Regards
Paul K

Moving all my pictures to a different HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.