Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CME M-Key not being recognized

Has anyone used the CME M-key midi keyboard? I just got one and it's not being recognized at all. It does get power from the usb cable so it's not the cable... But it's not showing up in Audio Midi Setup. I've tried to rescanning midi and even restarting my Macbook Pro and it still won't show up in Audio Midi setup or audio applications. There's no driver for OS X as it's a general MIDI device and it's supposed to be plug and play.

Any ideas?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 5, 2008 5:49 PM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2008 6:32 PM in response to bogstep

Well. it says:

4.2 Driver installation
After you connect this product to your computer via USB and turn the product on,
the computer will find it device and install the driver automatically.
You can plug and play this product on WINDOWS XP/VISTA or *Mac OSX*.
When the driver installation is finished, this product will be recognized as
the ”USB Audio Device” or “CME M-KEY”.
The MIDI driver offers 1 USB IN and 1 USB OUT.

Maybe you should retry. In what USB port do you have it plugged?

regards, Erik.

Oct 5, 2008 6:56 PM in response to Eriksimon

I initially had it plugged into a USB hub but I tried plugging it directly into the USB port on the Macbook pro next to the power cord and it didn't make a difference. Restarting it again after that didn't do anything either.

"After you connect this product to your computer via USB and turn the product on,
the computer will find it device and install the driver automatically."
The above part is almost certainly referring to Windows as that's how it works on Windows and I've never encountered such a thing for USB midi devices on OS X.

CME M-Key not being recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.