Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has my screen magnified? I can't get it back to normal.

I suspect this is a silly question and apologize in advance, but all of a sudden, all of the print and objects on my screen are magnified, and I can't figure out why, or turn it off. For example, when I type an email, I can only see about half of what I am typing, b/c the screen is enlarged enough that after five or six words, the text disappears off to the right. there is no scroll bar or other way to see what I am typing.

I hope I am describing this correctly. I've checked system preferences, the zoom feature (which remains off) and magnification (which also remains off) and i simply can't get this to go away. I've shut down and restarted - if anyone has any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. This is driving me crazy.

Mac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2008 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2008 7:13 AM

You have accidentally activated Zoom!

Go to System Preferences/Universal Access and turn it off!
9 replies

Why has my screen magnified? I can't get it back to normal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.