Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorware 7.0 (Adobe product)

I require Authorware 7.0 to run a program at my University, but I've been told that this program, a so called, EQL Software, would only run on Windows rather than OS X.

Every website I try to download authorware 7.0 from, including adobe.com, sends me directly to the adobe/authorware download website. Then I click on the download link and a "Authorware 7.0 Complete Install.sit" is downloaded, but when I open this file some document is opened in TextEdit and I am not able to install the software.

Does anyone know why? or if there is any alternative which I can use?

Maybe switching browsers? Firefox maybe?

Thanks,

cadooo

macbook 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2008 10:25 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2008 10:46 AM in response to Cadooo

Where are you getting this .sit file (the exact URL)? If you're trying to run the program on a Mac, you need to have a version of Mac OS X that supports the Classic environment, which 10.5 and the Intel-based Macs do not.

Otherwise, you should be getting a .exe file to install Authorware 7.x. A file opening in TextEdit would seem to indicate an improper file type association, so changing browsers would have no effect, since the browser isn't involved beyond downloading the file.

Mulder

Oct 10, 2008 11:02 AM in response to Cadooo

The Authorware web player is a PPC application for Mac OS Classic, which Mac OS X 10.5 has no support for, nor do the Intel-based Macs. That's why you can't install it, though I had no trouble doing so, except for the error message when decompressing it.

You would need to use a PPC Mac with OS X 10.4.11 to be able to install and run that application, or resign yourself to using the Windoze version for now.

Mulder

Authorware 7.0 (Adobe product)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.