Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saved photos appear blurred/out of focus

Hi y'all, I have tried to save some photos from email messages to my Photo gallery in iPhone, but all the pictures look blurred. It's like only a thumbnail was saved. Has anyone else got that experience?

iMac PowerPC G5, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2008 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2008 1:05 PM

Does this happen with other photos in email? What was the source of the photo? Another phone, computer, etc.
30 replies

Nov 14, 2008 10:34 AM in response to Pumelke

I am also having this problem. Images sent to my iPhone from a computer are downloaded into the camera roll, but are super blurry, even though I can zoom into them in the email itself. File size was about 3MB. Sometimes it doesn't even transfer at all, BUT the preview image turns into the image I tried saving off the email... Even though the photo is not actually in the album at all....

In fact, if I zoom into the photo in the email app all the way, it crashes and I am sent back to the home screen. I guess maybe the photo file is too large? But this does not explain the terribly blurry image when the save actually works.

Dec 7, 2008 11:01 AM in response to Pumelke

I just noticed this problem today. Photos emailed from one 3G iphone to another (both with latest software/hardware update) are blurry when image is saved. When photo is sent from phone to computer, then saved in Photoshop, then emailed to phone they look fine and not blurry when saved.
The first reply to your email says it was solved. Do you know the solution?

Dec 20, 2008 1:23 PM in response to Pumelke

I sent the same image from my pc to my iphone via email. In three different resolutions. From 640x480 to the full size 4mb photo. Each time when viewed in the email app on the iphone they were crystal clear. I saved each image to the camera roll and viewed them from there and each time they were blurry. I then emailed the images from my camera roll back to my PC and they were crystal clear and in thier respective sizes when I recieved them on my pc.

Conclusion: There is a flaw in the OS

All the data is there. The iphone just refuses to display any saved images at a resolution worth looking at. Ummm, hey Apple, this doesn't "just work".

This was done on my iphone 3G running version 2.2 (5G77)

Dec 25, 2008 6:39 PM in response to Pumelke

Same thing happening here since the update. All used to be ok. Recently I've only had email pics from someone using an original iPhone so I thought it was something to do with that but after sending myself one I found the same thing happened. It's a bug, for sure, but no one from Apple has ever listened to anything in these forums. You've have to bombard them with emails, so go go go...!

Dec 27, 2008 2:01 AM in response to Pumelke

i have also had this problem recently never used too.

but! ... i was messing around with my phone today and i found a new way to take a photo like a print screen, by holding down the lock button and home button down for about 2 sec and then letting go. it will get the grey internet trimmings around it but the time and date and slide to unlock section will cut them out, if u used them for a wallpaper. Also extremely useful if you wanted a picture of some writing from the internet

Message was edited by: KingOfPopBAD!

saved photos appear blurred/out of focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.