You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using nano with altec lansing inmotion iM3

Before I bought my Nano, the clerk at the Apple store told me I could use my inMotion with it, which I just purchased 2 months ago to use with my old mini (which I think I'm starting to miss). I can't get the Nano to work with the Altec. Was the salesclerk incorrect or I'm I doing something wrong here?

Posted on Sep 18, 2005 6:40 PM

7 replies

Sep 18, 2005 7:03 PM in response to BeckyG

I had some problems with the Belkin car adapter connector. I tried several connectors and had problems initially. Now it works fine on all of them. I have read a few other posts from nano owners who had to try inserting several times before it worked on their dock speaker system. Try inserting and removing a few times and see if that helps.

Yosam

Sep 18, 2005 7:38 PM in response to BeckyG

Hi BeckyG
I had the same prob while trying to connect my nano to my alpine car stereo. After a couple of searches I discovered that in some cases the nano ships with the audio output through the dock connector turned off (don't know why??!!)
This fix worked for me; simply do a complete restore from the disc and reload your music. As I say this seems to work for most who have tried it. The alpine interface works fine, and this may be the problem behind other dock related issues.
Hope it works for you

Using nano with altec lansing inmotion iM3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.