Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Host of problems

Ok, I'm banging my head against a wall now...

1) iTunes(5.0.1.4) says my shuffle can't play purchased music because the software is too old on the shuffle

2) downloading ipod updater doesn't work because when I try to install it, it says "an unexpected error occured" or the ipod updater doesn't recognize that the shuffle is actually plugged in

3) Shuffle won't actually play. There's lots of music on it. When I press play there is a steady green light for a few minutes and nothing happens. No flashing green, no flashing amber. Nothing. It's not the volume and I wait 5 or 6 seconds to give it a chance.

I was really thinking of replacing my 3G iPod with a nano, but these problems are making me think twice.

What happened? Since iTunes 5.0, nothing seems to be working as it should. I really hope someone is getting canned over this.

Posted on Sep 30, 2005 3:31 PM

There are no replies.

Host of problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.