Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office 2008 SP1 Upgrade Problem

Hi,

I have Office 2008 running perfectly on my computer, and just recently downloaded the two upgrades from the MS website for SP1 12.1.0 and then the latest update for 12.1.3. However, when I install 12.1.0, every time I try to open an MS application, it pops up with the setup assistant, asks me to register, closes, asks to check for updates, and then quits. It won't let any programs run. If I do a fresh install of Office 2008, it works again. The minute I upgrade, it stops.

Any ideas?

iMac, MacBook, iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2008 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2008 7:58 AM

I had a problem installing 12.1.3 yesterday and had to completely uninstall MS Office before it would successfully install. I would suggest calling MS Support, they will coach you on the correct way to fully uninstall Office 2008 and then assist on how to install it so the update works. It took me about 40 minutes on the phone yesterday but it was solved. The phone number I used was (866) 474-4882.

Gotta love Microsoft software...not!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2008 7:58 AM in response to JCrew7384

I had a problem installing 12.1.3 yesterday and had to completely uninstall MS Office before it would successfully install. I would suggest calling MS Support, they will coach you on the correct way to fully uninstall Office 2008 and then assist on how to install it so the update works. It took me about 40 minutes on the phone yesterday but it was solved. The phone number I used was (866) 474-4882.

Gotta love Microsoft software...not!

Microsoft Office 2008 SP1 Upgrade Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.