Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Macally Icecad tablet problem

952 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2008 1:04 PM by Carolyn Samit RSS
Asen Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 17, 2008 12:04 PM
I have a Macally Icecad tablet. It is installed on my Macbook Pro, OS X 10.4.11.

Here is the problem:

1. I cannot change the options of the pen. I always loads same unchanged values;
2. I cannot run the uninstall script coming with tablet. The script freezes;
3. The driver is not meant for OS X 10.4, but only for OS X 10.3 and above;
4. There is no newer driver on the Macally web site.

Please, advise!
Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,095 points)
    Oct 17, 2008 12:16 PM (in response to Asen)
    HI Asen,

Considering the Icecad has such limited compatibility with Tiger, you might want to look at Wacom.
    http://www.wacom.com/intuos/4x6.cfm The Intuos tablet rocks.

Carolyn
    PBG4SDrive 20GB iPod Toshiba Win XP iMacG3 Classic Apple IIE, Mac OS X (10.4.11), WirelessMM Airport Wacom Tablet iLife 06 DW and TTPro
  • sig Level 8 Level 8 (35,770 points)
    Oct 19, 2008 9:25 AM (in response to Asen)
    No harm if you can fix it and make it run. But in as much as it's not an Apple product I don't know what you want here. Contact Macally.
    MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 15.4 / 2 Gb Ram, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
    Oct 19, 2008 9:31 AM (in response to Asen)
    Hello,

"We have no plan to release Intel-based Mac drivers for iMediakey, NetKey, RFKey, KeyPoint, BizScan, IceCad and iShock II. " <-- from the Macally.com site

Apparently Macally does not intend on supporting the Icecad for Tiger or beyond to the Intel based Macs. Without a driver (software), I'm sorry, but it seems like you're out of luck.

Sig suggested you contact Macally ... go to their site and click on their Tech Support button.

Carolyn

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit
    PBG4SDrive 20GB iPod Toshiba Win XP iMacG3 Classic Apple IIE, Mac OS X (10.4.11), WirelessMM Airport Wacom Intuos Tablet iLife 06 DW and TTPro
    Oct 19, 2008 1:04 PM (in response to Asen)
    You're welcome and thank you for the star!

Carolyn
    PBG4SDrive 20GB iPod Toshiba Win XP iMacG3 Classic Apple IIE, Mac OS X (10.4.11), WirelessMM Airport Wacom Intuos Tablet iLife 06 DW and TTPro

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.