6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2008 1:04 PM by Carolyn Samit
Asen Level 1 (5 points)
I have a Macally Icecad tablet. It is installed on my Macbook Pro, OS X 10.4.11.

Here is the problem:

1. I cannot change the options of the pen. I always loads same unchanged values;
2. I cannot run the uninstall script coming with tablet. The script freezes;
3. The driver is not meant for OS X 10.4, but only for OS X 10.3 and above;
4. There is no newer driver on the Macally web site.

Please, advise!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 (103,365 points)
    HI Asen,

Considering the Icecad has such limited compatibility with Tiger, you might want to look at Wacom.
    http://www.wacom.com/intuos/4x6.cfm The Intuos tablet rocks.

Carolyn
  • Asen Level 1 (5 points)
    Ok, but I anyway have an Icecad.It's a present. Being a small and compact, sometimes it's quite practical! So, no harm for me if I could fix it and use it on my macbook, no?
  • sig Level 8 (35,785 points)
    No harm if you can fix it and make it run. But in as much as it's not an Apple product I don't know what you want here. Contact Macally.
    Hello,

"We have no plan to release Intel-based Mac drivers for iMediakey, NetKey, RFKey, KeyPoint, BizScan, IceCad and iShock II. " <-- from the Macally.com site

Apparently Macally does not intend on supporting the Icecad for Tiger or beyond to the Intel based Macs. Without a driver (software), I'm sorry, but it seems like you're out of luck.

Sig suggested you contact Macally ... go to their site and click on their Tech Support button.

Carolyn

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit
  • Asen Level 1 (5 points)
    Thanks, Sig and Carolyn!

And I am sorry if that was not the place for such a topic. I thought there might be some problem with the OS, and not the tablet. Now it is clear it is a driver issue. I WILL click ot Tech Support button on Macally's web site!

Thanks again!
    You're welcome and thank you for the star!

Carolyn