Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Bootcamp issues with the new MBP? What about right clicking?

Tried out the new MBP at the Apple store... was wondering how Bootcamp would work with it. I use Bootcamp all the time for work so I'm interested to here the pro's and con's for the new models. Seems like the new trackpad clicking would be cause issues with the "two-finger click" in Bootcamp.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 18, 2008 9:06 PM

12 replies

Oct 18, 2008 10:33 PM in response to whodatrd

For right-clicking there are several options:

1. options-click (old fashioned, but works with tapping or clicking)

2. two-finger click

3. bottom-corner click.

These options can be enabled in the "Trackpad" system preferences, and for the "bottom corner" you can choose the right or left, in which case it seems to isolate the left or right third of the bottom half of the trackpad for the right-click behavior. I've found this to be the preferred method for me...I like that there are several options to choose from.

Oct 18, 2008 10:55 PM in response to Topher Kessler

Right clicking issues galore!
(at least in the windows side of things...)

The 64bit windows worked fine....
The 32bit windows had many issues, even after 2 attempts. (via boot camp)
The main issue: the functions keys are locked on. Normally, I would hold down "fn" and push "f10" to mute but that doesn't work. All I have to do is hit "f10" and its muted. That is all good until I have to right-click using the "shift+f10" method since the bottom-right-of-trackpad and two-finger-clicking doesn't work whatsover. The "shift+f10" method won't work now since the fn keys are locked on. We have NO IDEA what the problem is. Could it be a driver issue...though it works fine with x64bit and OS X side of things.

Oh, and mac doesn't give support if one installs Vista and Microsoft won't give support since it isn't on a 'native' pc, so we are screwed. They have both protected themselves and blamed it on the other and the customer is left out to dry.

Oct 20, 2008 4:33 AM in response to forbegos

Thanks for that! Just got the new MBP last week. My first ever Mac and whilst I'm planning to use OS X for personal work I need to run the machine in Windows for most of my work.

I got Vista Ultimate x64 running really sweetly on Boot Camp but could not find that right click

Two fingers on the trackpad and clicking with the third (Thumb) works great for me (I was starting to wonder if it was a driver problem)

Oct 23, 2008 7:36 PM in response to forbegos

Is there anyway to switch this to two fingers?

I don't know how the 3 fingers click is supposed to work because it is spastic for me. It works differently in different apps.

Clicking with 3 fingers works with the desktop.
In internet explorer the only way I can get it to reliably work is click with 3 fingers and then lift one up while leaving the other two down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Any Bootcamp issues with the new MBP? What about right clicking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.