Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMOVIE THEMES, KEN BURNS EFFECT & VIDEO FX RENDER PROBLEM

Hi,

For some reason I can't seem to get any of the themes to render within iMovie HD 6, or the Ken Burn's Effect to render. The render bar just stays in the black & never goes red. I also can't render any of the Quartz Composer Video FX. Here the render actually completes but when you replay the movie the effect doesn't appear. Everything else works fine & I don't have a problem rendering anything else. The weird thing is that all of the above worked fine for me last year so I don't understand why it's giving me a problem now. I can see from this discussion group that quite a few people have experienced the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be one definitive answer. Just so you know, I've tried the following...

- Reinstalling iMovie HD
- Reinstalling QuickTime
- Using Software Update to update to the latest versions of everything
- Repairing disk & disk permissions
- Removing any 3rd party plug-ins for both iMovie & QuickTime
- Deleting the iMovie preferences file
- Emptying the Caches folder
- Moving my iMovie file to the desktop & reopening it from there
- Checking the file formats of my photos & movies are compatible
- Checking my screen is set to millions of colours
- Checking I have more than 10gb of disk space
- Logging in as different user
- Restarting my computer!

If anyone could shed any light on this I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks,
Ed.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 1.25gb RAM

Posted on Oct 19, 2008 10:05 AM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2008 8:27 AM in response to edskii79

I am having the exact same problem, only my issues are with Quartz Composer effects. I am trying to use the QC Effect "Saturate," and the clip previews just fine, but when rendering, the red status bar begins and the entire clip is wiped to a blank. Audio remains intact, but the video portion vanishes.

I tried to download and install an earlier version of Quicktime and, of course, Mac OS would not allow me to downgrade the version.

Unbelievable frustrated. Refuse to use iMovie '08, as it is nearly useless.

Oct 20, 2008 2:28 PM in response to mareeder

I don't know whether QT 7.5 is your problem. Apple has upgraded that program to 7.5.5, which apparently cured some of the problems with the earlier version.

Some contributors to this forum have downloaded earlier versions of QT from this website:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/listof_quicktimedownloads.html

in conjunction with another program called Pacifist.

iMOVIE THEMES, KEN BURNS EFFECT & VIDEO FX RENDER PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.