Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Restore for Tiger 10.4.11

I accepted an update from MAC 2 days ago then my computer restarted and now I lost everything. UGH!! How do I perform a system restore for a Tiger 10.4.11?

MAC, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 19, 2008 9:59 AM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2008 10:47 AM in response to MauiGurl

If you have the Tiger installer discs simply use them to do an Erase and Install. Boot from the Tiger Installer Disc One and follow the instructions.

Booting From An OS X Installer Disc

1. Insert OS X Installer Disc into the optical drive.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the "C" key.
4. Release the key when the spinning gear below the dark gray Apple logo appears.
5. Wait for installer to finish loading.

When you reach the screen to select a destination drive click once on the drive, then click on the Options button. Select the Erase and Install option, then click on the OK button. Then continue with the installation.

Oct 19, 2008 3:45 PM in response to MauiGurl

Restore from what? An Erase and Install erases the drive. There is no "date" to restore from. You can only install the version of OS X that's on your installer disc. Once installed you can use Software Update to bring you current for your Tiger system. All your data will be lost, if any.

If this isn't clear, then please make your inquiry more explicit.

Oct 20, 2008 9:55 PM in response to Valerie V Arbona

Hi Valerie,

I'm sure you meant well, but if you read the Apple Discussions Terms of Use You will understand what a "threadjack" is...

"Threadjack—To wrongly post a dissimilar issue in an existing discussion, distracting from the true focus of the discussion. If your issue has any significant difference from a similar topic, then you're probably better off posting a new topic to focus attention on your particular issue."

How do I post a question?
If you searched the forums and didn't find an answer to your question or issue, click the Post New Topic link at the top of a relevant forum page to post your own question.

Note: Please be sure to review the Apple Discussions Use Agreement to understand what type of submissions are relevant.

Thank you!
Carolyn 🙂

System Restore for Tiger 10.4.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.