Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date added/Last opened/Date modified fields timestamp wrong

All my date added/last opened/ date modified fields are all stuck on the date 1/5/08 but the time is correct.

I was wondering how to fix this to the correct date.

Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2008 1:48 PM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2008 3:44 PM in response to nerowolfe

I've noticed it in Finder and iTunes so far. So I'm pretty sure it has to do with the OS.

All the info in Finder - created/modified/last opened are on 1/5/08 under the Preview section when viewing the files in Finder however when you go to Get Info it shows the correct dates/times.

For iTunes all my songs are date added on 1/5/08.

Oct 20, 2008 4:03 PM in response to p0sitive

p0sitive wrote:
I've noticed it in Finder and iTunes so far. So I'm pretty sure it has to do with the OS.

All the info in Finder - created/modified/last opened are on 1/5/08 under the Preview section when viewing the files in Finder however when you go to Get Info it shows the correct dates/times.

For iTunes all my songs are date added on 1/5/08.

You might see if running DU and repairing HD and permissions helps, but I doubt it.
Sounds more like a corrupted .plist.

Try this
Create a new user - non admin - and see what that user sees for the file dates. If they are corret with the new user, then one of your .plists is bad. No big deal.
If the dates are also wrong with the new user, then it's most likely a system problem.
Do you have DiskWarrior?

Date added/Last opened/Date modified fields timestamp wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.