Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home and End key? Shorcut?

I'm new to the MacBook line, previously had a MBP, anyways, I am not seeing a Home/End key, does anyone know the keyboard shortcut to do these, I looked on http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343 but didn't see anything, thanks...

MacBook 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.10), (Unibody)

Posted on Oct 21, 2008 9:23 AM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2008 10:25 AM in response to Douglas McLaughlin

Douglas McLaughlin wrote:
That doesn't work on my new MacBook. That's what I was used to with my previous MacBook. fn-left or fn-right just go up or down one line. fn-up or fn-down seem to go up or down about five lines but not a whole page though.

-Doug

That is extremely frustrating. That would almost drive me more crazy than no firewire. I use the end key to get to the footers of webpages very often...

Once again logic based on previous versions fails us... That's getting problematic.

Nov 28, 2008 8:08 AM in response to L o r d R a j

I'm also brand new to Macs, and lack of PgUp/PgDn/Home/End has been one of my major frustrations. But I'm learning new tricks every day! I find that not all keyboard shortcuts work the same way in all applications. E.g. Fcn-L/R arrow works in some, but not others. In Word, I just now(!) learned (learning by playing around) that Home is Fcn-Opt-UpArrow (End the same with - of course - the DownArrow), Fcn-Up/Fcn-Down is the equivalent to PgUp/PgDown. But these keys and key combos work somewhat differently in other applications. At first I was frustrated by not being able to do some things the way I'm used to, but gradually as I'm actually using the machine to do Real Work and play around a bit, I'm learning that for most things (still struggling with some other)there are slightly different but just at good ways to get the same things done.

Home and End key? Shorcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.