Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not boot into OSX, Techtools Or Install dvd

Hi Guys,

My MacPro will basically not boot into any apple type environment, it boots Vista perfectly.

This started with a disk error on the boot raid volume.

When I boot it panics.

When I boot the Leopard DVD it panics.

When I boot the Techtools DVD it panics.

Not good!

I have looked at all boots in verbose mode and it basically looks like they are all trying to access the system disk even though it is toast, after a while it stack dumps.

I don't mind formatting the disks as I have a backup but how do I get to the point that I can format the disks?

I can boot into Vista perfectly, it can see all 4 hard disks and ntfs/fat partitions on three of the disks.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

MacPro and MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 21, 2008 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2008 4:51 PM

it can see all 4 hard disks and ntfs/fat partitions on three of the disks.

Two alternatives:

1. I suggest you disconnect all your drives and see if you can boot from your Leopard DVD. If you can, the 'no boot' issues is obviously being caused by one of the drives. If this is the case, I would try to identify which drive, by connecting just one of them and trying to boot from the OS DVD. Then do the same thing with another drive, and so on. If you are lucky, you should be able, by trial and error, to isolate the drive (or drives) that are the problem.

2. It does seem that you already have a clue that the system disk is the culprit. You could just disconnect that one and try booting from your OS DVD.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2008 4:51 PM in response to AndrewCapon

it can see all 4 hard disks and ntfs/fat partitions on three of the disks.

Two alternatives:

1. I suggest you disconnect all your drives and see if you can boot from your Leopard DVD. If you can, the 'no boot' issues is obviously being caused by one of the drives. If this is the case, I would try to identify which drive, by connecting just one of them and trying to boot from the OS DVD. Then do the same thing with another drive, and so on. If you are lucky, you should be able, by trial and error, to isolate the drive (or drives) that are the problem.

2. It does seem that you already have a clue that the system disk is the culprit. You could just disconnect that one and try booting from your OS DVD.

Will not boot into OSX, Techtools Or Install dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.