Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook with external display: performance

hi there,

i am thinking about getting the new macbook with the LED cinema display.

can anyone comment on the performance of the macbook graphic chip for the external display? I assume nobody has a LED cinema display with the new macbook, but has anyone tested it with a different external display with a similar resolution?

how does the nvidia chip handle the large res with iphoto, imovie and similar?

thanks.

tal

Mac Mini Dual Core; Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, iPhone 3G

Posted on Oct 22, 2008 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2008 4:15 PM

I'm using the new MacBook with a Dell 24" LCD monitor and it drives it just fine. Plays fullscreen 1080p content fine and iPhoto, iMovie, etc. have all worked fine. The only thing that is going to make it struggle is 3D gaming if you set the resolution too high.

In fact, I have a GMA950 MacBook that drives the 24" monitor pretty well. It struggles a little bit with 1080p video sometimes, and it obviously does not run any games full-res, but for the most part it works just fine.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2008 4:15 PM in response to taltal

I'm using the new MacBook with a Dell 24" LCD monitor and it drives it just fine. Plays fullscreen 1080p content fine and iPhoto, iMovie, etc. have all worked fine. The only thing that is going to make it struggle is 3D gaming if you set the resolution too high.

In fact, I have a GMA950 MacBook that drives the 24" monitor pretty well. It struggles a little bit with 1080p video sometimes, and it obviously does not run any games full-res, but for the most part it works just fine.

macbook with external display: performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.