Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATI 2600 Problems

I run CS3 (Mostly Photoshop Illustrator and Indesign) with Strata Pro 5.5 and I will get what I call, "the triangles of death!" They show up and turn my computer into a kaleidoscope of colors and triangles. This is a huge problem for me and an even more of a disappointment because this is supposed to be a "Pro" modelUser uploaded file I can't work with my computer always screwing up! Is there any solution to this? And yes I have done all the firmware updates and downloads.

2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 6GB of Ram ATI 2600

Posted on Oct 22, 2008 9:51 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2008 9:36 AM in response to scoryell

Hello,

I'm new to this discussion forum and haven't figured out how to create new topics (or questions), so I figured I'd just post my problems here. This subject seems appropriate.

I have problems with my my ATI HD 2600 XT on my Mac Pro due to some other problems (I will not go there just now, this is my main concern for now).
The problem is with the 10.5.6 drivers, which I replaced when I reinstalled leopard graphics update with pacifist. (shouldn't have done that in the first place). I replaced them with the old drivers from the graphics update ofcouse, and now my system profiler shows me that QE and CI are disabled:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9588
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-252
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.252
Displays:
BenQ 241W:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported
Rotation: Supported

I wonder how will I get the working drivers back and have my ATI card working again?
Things are kinda hard when you can't even use iChat or other software that requires QE/CI enabled.

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Ernjo

You can send me your thoughts via email if you will.

ATI 2600 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.