Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad in bootcamp with SP

I have initially found that the new trackpad is jerky with SP2 in bootcamp. The initial movement of the finger or thumb to make a click is registered first, and then the click, resulting in confusion. (If only we had a button!).

I wonder if anyone has found a way to make it work better?

macbook 2.4 late 2008, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2008 4:31 AM

13 replies

Jan 10, 2009 7:38 PM in response to kizkij

I have to give my two cents worth. Imo, the responsibility should be with microsoft not apple. As you put it, the trackpad works great, but with windows it is wicked touchy, I can attest to that ! However, why should apple have to do the work? Why not hold microsoft responsible for meeting your needs in a platform you purchased from them? Granted you are using a mac, but as you say it the trackpad works great in the mac os. I am on your side since I also am not impressed with the trackpad while booted into windows, but, I expect microsoft to fix the problem not apple. :P

Mar 13, 2009 1:25 PM in response to knitd

I have just bought (March 2009) a MacBook. The BootCamp drivesr for the trackpad are the latest.

I find the following in Windows XP (SP2 and 3):

- moving the mouse around is fine
- clicking does not work by tapping, only by clicking
- two-finger clicking for right-click works fine in Windows, but does not work in Word, Powerpoint and Excel 2003. You have to use a rapid three-finger click.

I'm VERY VERY unimpressed. This should be sorted out quickly , and the latest driver uodate v1.0 is no solution.

Trackpad in bootcamp with SP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.