Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

probs with my ipod shuffle

ok it was weird last night I put my ipod in to my computer, and it didn't show up and I got a error message

"USB Device Not Recognized
One Of the USB devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it."

Now I tried uninstalling it an reinstalling it that didn't work. So then I tried it on my parents computer, installed the software and stuff, and it works on it. So then I went back and tried it on my computer and still "USB Device Not Recognized". Has anyone else had this problem, or know how I can fix it?

Thanks for the help

Jon Thompson

Posted on Oct 19, 2005 12:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2005 6:15 PM in response to jon thompson

Now I tried uninstalling it an reinstalling it that didn't work. So then I tried it on my parents computer, installed the software and stuff, and it works on it. So then I went back and tried it on my computer and still "USB Device Not Recognized". Has anyone else had this problem, or know how I can fix it?

If it works on another machine then it's a "driver" issue. You should completely remove the iPod software from your computer, reboot, check that the files are actually gone (C:\Program Files\iPod) and then re-install the software.

probs with my ipod shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.