Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error during install of Distribution Build onto device

Wow, what a frustrating experience this development has been... I've had soooo many troubles with certificates and that bloody developer portal.

My latest problem; I've written and debugged my app, and I'm getting ready to deploy it to the App store. I've created and installed the distribution profiles, yet when I try to build the app, I get the dreadded "E800003A" error. The first few lines in the error log are:

install embeddedprofile: Skipping the installation of the embedded profile
mobile_installat[213] SecItemCopyMatching: missing entitlement
verify_executable: Could not validate signature: e8008015
preflight applicationinstall: Could not verify /var/tmp/install_staging.xxxxx
install_application: Could not preflight application install
handle_install: Installation failed

Anyone have any suggestions? I can still compile and install under Debug mode fine, but trying to do so under Distribution mode fails during installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2008 9:08 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2008 11:03 PM in response to ChrisEPR

Hello, i am getting the same error when building for Distribution. And i lost already a day now. The funny thing is, on my last Distribution i had the same Problem, somehow solved it and forgot how to fix it :P

While you say : You can't install it on your device. What should be setup if not the device ? I can do a normal build but then its missing the code sign. Doing a build a go crashes with the Error Code mentioned above.

Cheers

Error during install of Distribution Build onto device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.