3883 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2009 11:04 AM by macadam2001
I am getting the same error -3254. It occurs when I try to download a video. I can purchase it and it is in my Store/Downloads in ITunes Ver.8. But when I try to download I get the error. It also says I may have a problem connecting to the internet. I have disabled virus, phishing, spyware, etc software. But no luck.
Any one know how to fix this problem??
Sometimes you can resolve it by doing the following:
- Download the .exe file from Apple.com/iTunes
- Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- iTunes > Remove
- Open C:\Program Files (default location)
- Find "iTunes" (default folder name)
- Shift + Delete > OK
- Run a registry cleaner, such as PC Tools Desktop Maestro, to remove all old shortcuts and registry keys no longer valid on your computer.
- Start > Shut Down > Restart your computer
- Run the iTunes install program
This should fix the problem, however may require also to update your Windows software (update.Microsoft.com) and download the latest Visual Basic Runtime executable. One time during my clean reinstall the iTunes software mentioned an error with a vbrun executable and couldn't continue the install until I found it online.
Message was edited by: JoeZinVA
I solved this problem. I bought a cheap lap top and now run iTunes on that and it has no bugs like on my desktop. the apple tech support folks have no idea what is going on and no one on these boards has a clue either. I know, I tried every suggested fix and none of them worked.
in the meantime, I'm now using Amazon to buy MP3s since there are no digital rights restrictions built into them and I will forever boycott all apple products since they have proved to be nothing but flashy disposable too-expensive toys that have no technical engineering behind them. I suggest everyone else do the same.