Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using mini-DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter

I know that the dual-link adapter is for displays with 2560x1600 (e.g. like the 30" Cinema display). Is it possible to use the 2 DVI for 2 discrete monitors?
What is the highest resolution supported if done this way if at all possible?

Mac mini 1.66GHz Intel dual core, Mac OS X (10.5), MacBook (Aluminum) 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD

Posted on Oct 27, 2008 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2008 8:00 PM

Even though this has worked on some Macs when running Windows, Apple has never shipped an OS X graphics driver supporting two external screens off a notebook. I doubt anything has changed with the new MacBooks but I honestly don't know that for sure.
4 replies

Nov 27, 2008 8:16 AM in response to Albertus

Re: Dual link DVI adapter& various Macs, can anybody elaborate on whether this works with the Matrox hardware or, in fact, without it? My aim is to keep using the two legacy Eizo 19" screens that I have used in 2560x1024 on Windows XP as I would finally like to migrate and retire the last PC still in service.

I dont see why it should not if it does work in a higher resolution that is 2560x1600...

Thanks for any help with this.

Using mini-DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.