Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leopard and Logitech mouse support

I am looking for a new mouse for my aluminium iMac running Leopard 10.5.5

The two I am looking at is the Logitech G5 laser mouse (the latest one on the Logitech site (blue scaly effect design, not the older orange coloured one) and the old Logitech MX1000 wireless mouse.

However I have been reading contrasting reviews about whether or not you can program the side buttons on each mouse to perform functions in Mac OSX such as expose, bring up widgets etc out of the box with no need for third party software

I have a friend who has both. He has a Macbook Pro running Tiger and both mice you can program the buttons to perform expose, widgets and clear all windows to show the desktop etc. Also he does not run any third party software such as steermouse to do so. All the buttons were assigned under the expose tab in settings

Now I am wondering will I be able to do the same under Leopard?

iMac Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 27, 2008 7:03 PM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2008 8:12 PM in response to KYL

It is more of a question if the Logitech Control Center for Mac OSX will support the programming of the buttons. I'd say if it works in Tiger it would work in Leopard, but I can't be 100% certain without actually testing. Does your friend use LCC? Is it the latest version (v2.6)?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/494/3129&cl=ca,en

So far, I have not found a single Logitech pointer that did not work with LCC, but I have not used either of the models you mentioned.

Oct 28, 2008 4:05 AM in response to KYL

Hi, no my friend does not use any sort of software to program his buttons under Tiger. He does not use Steermouse or Logitech Control Centre.

He simply programmed the buttons by using whatever Tiger allowed him to do. Next to expose there is a drop down list and he simply chose a mouse button to use.

I assume it would be the same under Leopard but just wanted some confirmation.

Leopard and Logitech mouse support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.