Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which OS is best for FCE4?

Is there any advantage of Leopard 10.5 whatever over Tiger 10.4.11 when using Final Cut Express 4? I am preparing to do a very large project (about 21 hrs of analog to transfer, in sections, to digital and edit into 30 to 40 min sections for individual DVD and have wet my feet in iMovie 06, but understand that Apple dumbed down the iMovie 08 by eliminating several manual options? Thus, I am told that its time to graduate to something better and that FCE4 should be sufficient. I had problems with iMovie 06 when my segments ran over 25 to 30 min and don't want to face that issue again.

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.11), all software updates

Posted on Oct 28, 2008 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2008 5:10 PM

I would be more worried about the machine than your OS, and from what I can tell your current should not be a problem. I would maybe, cause I do not know what you currently have as RAM. Max out the RAM in your MacBook Pro, And if you do not already have one, get an external HD.

FCE will run just fine on Tiger never the less.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2008 5:10 PM in response to dgbmunger

I would be more worried about the machine than your OS, and from what I can tell your current should not be a problem. I would maybe, cause I do not know what you currently have as RAM. Max out the RAM in your MacBook Pro, And if you do not already have one, get an external HD.

FCE will run just fine on Tiger never the less.

Which OS is best for FCE4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.