Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import DNG files into iPhoto 8?

Shooting with a Canon Rebel XT, I've downloaded RAW files onto my hard drive, edited them in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) and saved them as digital negatives (DNG) with the .dng extension. Bridge and iPhoto work with these just fine, but iPhoto doesn't seem to want to import them.

Aside from saving them as jpegs or TIFFs, is there any way to get these files to play nice with iPhoto 8?

MacBook Pro 2.33, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 30, 2008 8:00 PM

5 replies

Jan 8, 2009 10:46 AM in response to El Brooklyn

I'm having the same problem with iPhoto after editing my images in Bridge and converting the files to DNG before importing to iPhoto. The metadata on the DNG file will not show up in iPhoto when I import DNG files. Yet, if I convert the DNG files to JPEG and import the JPEG files into iPhoto all the metadata and keywords in the original DNG files is imported. I use Bridge and CS3 for editing but want to use iPhoto for asset management.

How can I import DNG files into iPhoto 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.