Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini display port adaptor > VGA stopped working

I've been using the adaptor for about a week now on a KDS monitor which worked fine. When I tried it on a Samsung monitor yesterday it didn't work -- the monitor didn't detect anything was connected. Well now that I'm back on the KDS monitor, it won't detect the MacBook Pro either.

I plan to stop by the apple store and see what's going on, but in the meantime does it sound like something needs to be reset? Do I have a bad port? A bad adaptor?

Anyone else have a similar problem?

MacBook Pro late 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 31, 2008 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2008 10:05 AM

I've read that people are having problems with this adapter and Samsung displays/TVs. Not sure why. The adapter is working well (so far) with my Westinghouse HDTV.
2 replies

Nov 3, 2008 10:43 AM in response to zeroio

Some more interesting notes...

When my KHS monitor stops working (because I try the Samsung), I can logout of "Better performance" mode and go to "Better Battery Life", and then log out and go back to "Better performance", this resets the port and I can connect back to the KHS monitor -- after trying the Samsung and failing.

Using the DVI adaptor does work with the Samsung monitor so I guess that is my route for now.

Mini display port adaptor > VGA stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.