Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Importing Picasa2 to iMac

678 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2008 11:02 AM by birdy176 RSS
birdy176 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 31, 2008 11:02 AM
I had left the PC world with thousands of photos in the Picasa folder and am gettng used to iPhoto. On October 28 I noticed an offer from Crossover for a free download of its lesser cousin "Crossover for Games". I made the download which took hours on dial-up, the curse of living in the boonies. It t enabled me to import of an old European card game off a ten-year old CD.

I then transferred some off my old Gateway, using a 2 gig thumb drive. Even that went well. I then gambled to treat this limited and free edition of Crossover as the "real" (for pay) converter and it accepted the latest edition of Picasa2 (v.3 is in beta, I think...) and now I have it on the iMac. Is it possible that this Google product is considered a game?

I was even able to see old CDs with videos whose audio was muted on the PC and is now clearly audible on the iMac, 2 gig, 20 inch. I thought I should pass this on because Google has been teasing us for years with a Mac version of Picasa3 yet v.2 is apparently easily imported.
iMac v.X, Leopard, Mac OS X (10.5), Panasonic still and video cameras, Picasa2, Gateway with Win XP2

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.