Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replying in email

I'm not having setup or connections problems. I'm just trying to figure out how to have emails I reply to get marked as both "read" and "replied to".

I find that when I open Mail.app on my Mac, messages I've already dealt with on the Touch are still unread, and do not have the little "reply" icon showing that I've replied to it.

Anyone know why this might be the case? I've looked in the settings, but don't see anything there which looks promising. The functionality is working, just not the GUI confirmation.

Thanks,

Markie

Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Nov 3, 2008 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2008 8:34 PM

This sounds like normal behavior for a POP mail account. An IMAP account would retain folders and message settings on the server, POP accounts don't.
6 replies

Nov 4, 2008 8:25 AM in response to Markie Castle

OK, you got me. Did it ever work right? Are you really on OS 10.2.x? Maybe there were bug fixes in subsequent Mail versions. I didn't know you could run an iPod Touch capable iTunes on 10.2.

I might also try deleting the account on the iPod, then resynching Mail settings with iTunes. Is this a Gen 1 or 2 Touch? Firmware version?

Nov 5, 2008 4:33 PM in response to louie

louie wrote:
OK, you got me. Did it ever work right? Are you really on OS 10.2.x? Maybe there were bug fixes in subsequent Mail versions. I didn't know you could run an iPod Touch capable iTunes on 10.2.

I might also try deleting the account on the iPod, then resynching Mail settings with iTunes. Is this a Gen 1 or 2 Touch? Firmware version?

Good questions.

I'm actually on 10.4.11, PowerBook G4 (Hadn't realized the laptop was significant and ignored that info).

The Touch is 2nd gen, software 2.1.1 (according to iTunes 8.01 (11))

I haven't tried deleting the account yet, but that might be something.

Thanks for trying,

Markie

Replying in email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.