Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best affordable business email hosting

I'm looking for an affordable email hosting solution for my company.
*I need emails to come from user@company.com - it cannot be user@emailhost.com on behalf of user@company.com.*
I need our current Outlook folder structures to be the same on the iPhones and Outlook (read mails appear the same on both, moving an email from the inbox to a specific folder, etc.) It would be nice if the same thing happened in a webmail client as well.

I have approx 25 users in total - 5 have iPhones. The iPhone users outlook .pst files are between 2-5 GB. The remaining 20 users have about the same mailbox sizes, about 5 more would benefit from a IMAP setup and the rest would be fine with a POP3 setup based on multiple backups of the pst files.

gmail is out for requirement #1
mobileme is out for the same reason.
In house exchange is too expensive.
Hosted exchange is a little more than we want to spend (I've seen around $15 per user w/ a 2 GB mailbox limit. The majority of the users won't benefit from Exchange and I can't justify $4500 a year when we're using the included email hosting from our website hosting for $0.)

I checked our Fusemail and Simplicato. Both were the most affordable and seemed like the right fit. $2 per month per user w/ 10 GB and 5 GB storage respectively. I found a several bad reviews saying that both services were unreliable. Many of the those reviews said they went with Mailtrust and are much happier.
http://www.mailtrust.com/noteworthy/features/mobile
Calenders and contacts don't synch w/ iPhones. Push mail and instant sync is not supported w/ the iPhone. (Push email sounds nice, but the decreased battery life would probably stop us from using it.) If necessary, we can use the hybrid account - some users on hosted exchange around $15/mo and others on the basica imap account for $3/mo. The iphone users would get get all the features they want.

*Inhouse hosting*
We used to use IPswitch Imail, but stopped hosting it ourself when we got a virus. We can implement that again w/ some antivirus software, but that involves $1000 for a new workstation to run it (I don't think a P4 2.4 GHz workstation we have lying around will run it so smoothly.) It would be the cheapest the implement at around $1500.

A checked out a couple other packages, SmarterMail 5.x seems like a good alternative. It claims to have iphone over the air sync. It would be around $1500 - $2000 for the new workstation and software. It seems like a good alternative, but it comes with the headaches of hosting it ourselves. https://www.smartertools.com/SmarterMail/SystemRequirements.aspx Taking a look at that, it says the max incoming connection can be 10 on non windows server based setups. I guess that didn't affect us before because we used POP3.

Any recommendations? Any experience with the companies I mentioned?

Dell, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Nov 5, 2008 7:45 AM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2008 9:12 AM in response to BlacknChrome

Take a look at www.ExchangeMyMail.com. You can have the domain that you're looking for (provided that it's not already taken) and their AS Push service for iPhone and Tech support for setup is outstanding.

As it is an Exchange service you get full calendar and contact synching along with Push mail and a good web based account/domain admin tool. I have not found Push to be a battery hog in any way. It is far more efficient than time-based fetch on both performance and power.

Pricing at EMM is reasonable as well. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck.

Message was edited by: ~BobS~

Best affordable business email hosting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.