Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Re-installing iTunes

I had to remove and re-install iTunes (iTunes wasn't launching so I was trying different ways to get it to work) but in the middle of un-installing my computer crashed. When I restarted and went on add/remove programs on the control panel, iTunes was still there but when I clicked on remove a box came up named 'windows installer' saying 'the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'iTunes.msi' in the box below'.
I tried deleting the iTunes folder out of C:\Program Files, but that hasn't made any difference.
If I try to install iTunes, this same box comes up.
What do I need to/what do I need to delete so I can re-install iTunes?

Windows XP

Posted on Nov 5, 2008 11:37 AM

3 replies

Nov 7, 2008 11:05 AM in response to katherine.r

I have also encountered this problem. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Any shortcuts that I could formerly use to open my iTunes now do not work and I am told that "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." However, I am still able to use iTunes on my computer, but I must open the program by opening the document, "iTunes Library." Therefore, it appears iTunes is still installed on my computer because once it is opened through this method, it operates as it did before, except for not allowing me to update my software. When I try to update my software I am given the same message as the kind person who previously posted on this discussion.

I first encountered this problem several months ago and I am not entirely sure what led to this change, but I believe it happened when an upgrade was interrupted on my computer. Again, I'd love to be able to fix this problem and thank you for any help you can provide! I would love to be able to experience the wonders of iTunes 8.0!

Nov 7, 2008 1:19 PM in response to Bellma05

I just worked out a way to fully un-install iTunes and stopped that box coming up.
I used http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 to fully get rid of it, and then I was able to re-install because that box no longer came up.
I'm just back to my original problem of iTunes not opening at all, though it's installed on my computer.
Hope that's some sort of help

Problem Re-installing iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.