Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The story of Two Wallstreets (repair)

I had 2 Wallstreets I gave to grandkids. One with large hard drive and memory was left in rain and shorted out. I've removed the memory and hard drive to the other Wallstreet but can't get it to boot in 10.2. I thought I had OS9 on the hard drive but it's now booting OS8.6

I've set the startup disk to the OSX partition, but it makes no difference...it still boots to OS8.

I was thinking there was something about firmware when I did original conversion but I could find nothing on it now.

What am I missing?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2008 1:44 PM

4 replies

Nov 7, 2008 2:04 PM in response to Gordon A Bonnel

Wallstreets if that's what they are, can only boot up into 10.2.8. Later versions of 10.2 are not supported on Wallstreets. A minimum of 128 MB of RAM, preferably 192 MB of RAM should be installed as built-in RAM for Mac OS X to run. To verify what you have, these are the Powerbook G3 models:

Kanga - M993LL/A - can't use Mac OS X at all.

Main Street (Powerbook G3 Series) M6541LL/A, M6484LL/A, M6537LL/A, M6481LL/A, M6477LL/A, M6477LL/A, M6359LL/A, can boot up to 10.2.8.

Wallstreet (Powerbook G3 Series) - M7111LL/A, M7109LL/A, M7110LL/A, can boot up to 10.2.8.

Lombard (Bronze Keyboard) - USB ports in back, 30 pin SCSI port in back can boot up to 10.3.9, however, due to RAM configurations couldn't boot into Mac OS X at all, under certain RAM configurations, and the DVD drive was not functional under Mac OS X.

Pismo (Powerbook 2000) - Firewire ports in back - can boot up to 10.4.11.

So tell us based on the above, which machine you really have?

Nov 7, 2008 2:27 PM in response to a brody

Wallstreet.....

I'm not entirely new at this. I've upgraded these computers and had the one working fine until it shorted out. I though I could just transfer the memory and hard drive to the second Wallstreet and it would work.....

I've now reinstalled OS9.2.2 in the first partition which is less than 8gb but when I set the second partition with 10.2 in it as the startup disk it still starts up in 9.2.2. Holding option on start up has no effect.

The Startup Disk control panel has the partition listed and "Mac OSX10.2.8(build6R73)" there so I think the computer recognizes the OS10 but still it won't start up with it no matter what I've tried.

The story of Two Wallstreets (repair)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.