Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive crash....iweb not synced.

I had a HD crash about 3 weeks ago. I lost about 2 months worth of blogs in my computer, but online they are there. I am afraid to publish in fear that the ones online will go away.
How do I get it to sync back on my computer?
Thanks in advance.
Kaiser

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Nov 9, 2008 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2008 12:30 AM

The short answer is that you can't. If you did not save your domain.sites file, which is where iWeb stores all its files, then there is nothing you can do. Your domain file is found under User/Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites.

The only thing you can do is to re-build your blog within iWeb, but then if you re-publish you have lost all your comments. iWeb cannot import any site that has already been published.

Perhaps you will consider backing up your domain files next time so that this does not happen again.

Backup, Backup, Backup!!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2008 12:30 AM in response to Kaiser.roll

The short answer is that you can't. If you did not save your domain.sites file, which is where iWeb stores all its files, then there is nothing you can do. Your domain file is found under User/Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites.

The only thing you can do is to re-build your blog within iWeb, but then if you re-publish you have lost all your comments. iWeb cannot import any site that has already been published.

Perhaps you will consider backing up your domain files next time so that this does not happen again.

Backup, Backup, Backup!!

Hard drive crash....iweb not synced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.