Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leopard Install - Is this possible??

currently running 10.4.11 on 500GB internal.

want to upgrade to Leopard and at the same time go to a 1TB disk - and was wondering if i could do the following:

1. connect blank 1TB disk
2. tell Leopard to install on NEW 1TB (blank) disk AND use all my existing accounts, apps, etc. from my existing 500GB startup drive (i.e. don't prompt me for any of my setup info, etc.)

can this be done? how?

thks!

PowerMac G5 PPC 2.3, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 11, 2008 1:25 PM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2008 6:24 PM in response to nerowolfe

i'm actually having trouble with random crashes - one of the reasons i want a new OS (though i suspect it may be bad RAM since memtest failed).

even so, i don't want to take a chance that corrupt Tiger OS X files may affect my new Leopard OS X installation - i want all brand new system files (assuming there are some files that are identical between Tiger & Leopard and may not be overwritten by Leopard?)

Nov 11, 2008 6:32 PM in response to raka

raka wrote:
i'm actually having trouble with random crashes - one of the reasons i want a new OS (though i suspect it may be bad RAM since memtest failed).

And you only "Suspect?" I would believe the test results 100%.
even so, i don't want to take a chance that corrupt Tiger OS X files may affect my new Leopard OS X installation - i want all brand new system files (assuming there are some files that are identical between Tiger & Leopard and may not be overwritten by Leopard?)

Your best bet is to install Leopard and only copy the files etc that you want from Tiger to Leopard.

Leopard Install - Is this possible??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.