Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modification Date of Files

I have only one site I work on with iWeb, logically stored in ~\sites\site. I publish to a separate folder and use those to FTP up to my web host.

I have noticed that iWeb doesn't have an Open feature and doesn't seem to spell out what files it is truly using. The modification date for the files in ~\sites\site haven't changed in months, the published ones do, even when I don't Publish, but only Save.

Is it normal for iWeb to start using the Published site rather than the original? Now my Published site is the original because I have made so many changes since I caught this odd behavior. They really should an Open feature and provide obvious info about the path of the original files.

Intel iMac 1.8GHz, for now... Save Early Save Often, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Lots of Sound!

Posted on Nov 11, 2008 5:36 PM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2008 5:51 PM in response to Kenneth Hughes

As you probably realize, iWeb '08 stores your website data in a domain.sites2 file. The default location is Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb.
Unless told otherwise, iWeb will open the last domain file that you worked on.
Since the introduction of the latest version of iWeb, it no longer automatically stores the domain file of the last site you opened in the default location if you have more than one domain file.
Some people "lost" their domain file after upgrading to V 2.0.4.
To find out where your domain file is you need to download something like the freeware Pref Setter ....
http://www.nightproductions.net/prefsetter.html
Go to Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iWeb.plist, click on it, select "Get Info" and choose Pref Setter under "Open with:".
Open the iWeb .plist by double clicking it.
In the Pref Setter window, scroll down to iWebDefaultsDocumentPath to see the path to your domain file.

Modification Date of Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.