Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing "add to home screen" option

I just noticed when trying to add a web page icon to my home screen that the "Add to Home Screen" button is not appearing. How do I fix that?

Mac Pro 3.2Ghz, MacBook 2.4Ghz w/4G Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.5), iPhone 3G 16G

Posted on Nov 14, 2008 8:57 AM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2008 1:27 PM in response to Lisa Garland

Ok. The answer has been found. We are only allowed nine (9) homescreens and when all are filled up the iPhone will drop the ability to add additional homescreen icons. If all of your homescreens are filled and you try to add another iPhone app, it will be added to iTunes but it won't be added to your iPhone until you make room for it.

That explains why I could not add a new web page icon to my homescreen. I deleted one of my icons and replaced it with the new web page icon.

Just FYI to everyone.

Lisa

Missing "add to home screen" option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.