Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OK to install 'unified linux driver.tar.gz' for Samsung CLP-510

Hi - I have been trying to find a driver that will mount successfully for the Samsung CLP-510 that I was just given. The US and Canadian Samsung download sites list a 'printer driver for MAC OS 10.3 - 10.5 driver (ver. 1.06)'. I have tried to download off of both sites and in both cases, the installer for the driver fails to mount, and I see an error saying 'not recognized'. I tried the global download site for Samsung and followed the link for what appeared to be the same printer driver (printer driver for MAC OS 10.3 - 10.5 driver (ver. 1.06)) and I was taken to a link for 'unified linux driver.tar.gz' Can I install and use this to run my Samsung CLP-510? If not - does anyone here know where I can find a driver for OS X 10.4.11? I tried calling customer support and they said that the link that I found (on the US and Canadian site) was the only available driver and that if it was failing to mount it was a problem with my computer and not the downloaded driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm ultimately hoping to be able to print wirelessly to this printer although I'm not sure if that is possible with my Airport Express.

PB15 1.67GHz/2GB, AEBS,4GB iPod,G-Raid 320GB (FW800)HD, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 14, 2008 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2008 9:50 AM

For what it's worth I get the same error when trying to mount the .dmg file. Call them again and tell them that. Not that it's likely to suddenly get a good copy to appear on their site.
4 replies

Nov 14, 2008 10:23 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you so much for your quick response Limnos! I did call back, and because you confirmed having the same problem, I was escalated to a level 2 technician. He promptly reported having the same problem (after trying the same download) and proceeded to troubleshoot the issue. After finding that he was able to mount the installer in 10.5, he opened and sent me a recompressed version of the driver which I have just been able to install successfully!

Can anyone let me know about my second question, which was whether or not I may be able to get this printer up and running via my Airport Express - and if so, where I can get the step by step for that?

OK to install 'unified linux driver.tar.gz' for Samsung CLP-510

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.