Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnect issue

I have a 20" Aluminium iMac with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Recently i've started to have some issues where the keyboard keeps disconnecting & reconnecting, also the mouse going slow and jerky. They have been working perfectly fine for the past year but only recently started to play up. I have gone into bluetooth prefs and deleted them and re-connected, this seemed to be a temporary fix but after a while it started again, although not as bad as before. I usually leave my Mac on all the time and just put it in sleep mode, the issue now seems to be waking it from sleep as well. I have tried restarts and re pairing as i said before but nothing seems to be solving the issue. Any ideas or fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks.

20" Aluminum iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 2.4GHz Intel Based 4GB RAM + iPhone 3G 16GB

Posted on Nov 16, 2008 4:58 AM

11 replies

Nov 22, 2008 4:41 AM in response to Gianky073

I was wrong, i thought i had solved the issue but after a couple of hours it started to play up again. I have tried all sorts now, all wifi channels, re pairing, PRAM and SMC resets. I don't think there is anything else that i can try and it is starting to get pretty annoying. I'm just going to try and get it into an Apple store ASAP. At least i now know that other people have or are experiencing the same issue... so it's not just me.

Dec 15, 2008 9:46 AM in response to dave.miles

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I have an MacBook with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I've had them for about a year and they've worked perfectly; this problem has only showed up in the last couple of weeks. I didn't know whether it was a hardware problem or software (perhaps a recent software update), but considering the exact same thing is happening to someone else I'm inclined to think software rather than hardware.

The keyboard disconnects and reconnects (immediately) a couple of times an hour. It's not such a problem with the keyboard, but whenever that happens, the mouse goes very slow for several minutes, until it finally works out. The mouse doesn't disconnect (I have hardware growl on and am notified of disconnections/connections); it just goes very slow.

Jan 9, 2009 2:44 AM in response to dave.miles

Same problem here... and it is quite annoying... My keyboard does not connect automatically anymore... It disconnects, then I have to touch a key for it to start pairing again. The mouse stutters and lags. I have no idea what I can do about it... And since I dont have a wired keyboard and mouse anymore... well.. you get the idea how it makes me feel sometimes.

Do people think it is software, or a hardware problem?

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnect issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.