Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Ericsson C905

Have just got the C905 on upgrade and want to iSync but iSync does not see phone at all..... computer sees phone and has uploaded pics etc but despite trying every trick I cannot get iSync to see the phone at all.....support are no help since they only seem to have pages on leopard os.....

so.... is this phone iSync compatable? what am i doing wrong...anybody help....

have a W810 (which i still love and will prob keep since C905 is not quite what it's cracked up to be...) anyhow...I iSync this with NO problem at all..always have

iMac 2.8 intel etc, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 17, 2008 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2008 10:46 AM

You can sync the W810 because it's an old phone that has native support in iSync.

The C905, being a new phone needs an iSync Plugin to work with iSync. Apple no longer adds new devices to iSync and leaves third-parties to do it.

You can get a suitable plugin here.

Julian

Aluminium 20" iMac 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Apple Required Disclaimer: "I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link."
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2008 10:46 AM in response to jakdor

You can sync the W810 because it's an old phone that has native support in iSync.

The C905, being a new phone needs an iSync Plugin to work with iSync. Apple no longer adds new devices to iSync and leaves third-parties to do it.

You can get a suitable plugin here.

Julian

Aluminium 20" iMac 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Apple Required Disclaimer: "I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link."

Nov 17, 2008 11:02 AM in response to Julian Wright

Julian thank you....however, have checked on the site and I note that the phone is only iSyncable via bluetooth which rather defeats the object of the exercise since i want to plug it up thru the desktop cradle and doing it thu BT is a bit long winded.... have to say that like most developers/manufacturers Apple and Sony rather spoil good products by designing out the good bits...what was wrong with the straight forward plug it in system and hit the button.... ah well... I think the C905 is going back....my trusty W810 is still the best phone i have ever had and looks like I'll be keeping it for a while longer...

anyway thanks for the help

Nov 17, 2008 11:13 AM in response to jakdor

The phone is syncable by USB, it's just that there are bugs in Apple's USB drivers (particularly in 10.4.x) that prevent iSync from being able to detect many phones via USB.

Personally, I find Bluetooth syncing far preferable to cable. No tangled cables to find and plug in - just turn on BT and click Sync. You can even set it up to automatically sync when your phone comes in range of your Mac, then you don't even need to press a button.

Then there's all the other cool things you can do via Bluetooth (SMS texting, making and taking calls, hands-free calling through the Mac, remote control of your Mac etc. etc.) none of those can be done via USB.

And you don't have to worry about losing the cable!

Feb 24, 2009 11:53 PM in response to Rollin Montelius

this might help you.

i did the installation over and over again in bluetooth assistance and selected "mobilephone" everytime. when i instead took the last alternative , other or something like that isync found the c905 directly and everything runs smooth.
now i´m looking for a program like PC suite that continously checks for new photos in the phone and saves them to the computer. any ideas ??

Sony Ericsson C905

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.